Wladimir is porting AdBlock Plus to Chromium (Chrome). I would preferer a XUL AdBlock Plus appplication as well for more flexibility with more browsers via local proxy. Leave the browser to browsing, remember proxomitron glory, and maybe someday take a page from “google’s” playbook of multiple processes to keep multiple extension [bloat] from draggin’ us down.
brute force merrily along
[insert how to install adblock plus into droid x here where x could have as easily been y or n]
Seth Wisely said: more good XUL is more better
note to self: about:config trailing space OFF on that one laptop
Seth Wisely said: also thanks and kudos to Wladimir and the adblock pioneers upon whose shoulders he stands
Comments Off on the sky is falling on ad servers and google is losing ground :: reversing the table
lies pay better.. let’s all have a lie to verizon day!
on the occasion of being asked for phone ‘advice’ the truth rarely disuades one snared by Morning Star’s twinkling light: it’s not a phone, it’s not a tablet, it’s not smart. It is an indentity challenged device that’s flat, can make calls though beyond the phone appellation little more regard is offered in marketing, and it’s sly at best running adroid (AOSP). What is google’s PRIMARY function (yes, all for-profit companies exist to make money) ?? Data minining. What is google’s SECONDARY function? Showing ads.
Now 720p is “true HD glory” and 4.3 inches is a “large widescreen”?
If you insist on a droid x, person x, please ‘root’ it and slap in a less creepy ROM. At the very least you’ll GAIN ADBLOCKING.
Seth Wisely said: google ought not be trusted especially not this intimately
Comments Off on allow themselves to be trained to lie and recite HALF truths verizon wireless more successful selling droid x “smart” “phones” prior to giving meth to a baby buy one $99 get one free
VERY important consideration. The INITIAL provisioning of your ONT is automated. ANY change to bandwidth provisioning (more or less) *can* result in ONT ‘design’ being constructed by hand. Have horrific latency at saturation? You might be the victim of ONT ‘design’ being hand constructed 😦
extracting deals from their site was far less irksome than fighting the meth head “design”
other great deals today… I upgraded my speed, channel linup, and added a non-voip phone line for backup and faxing and will be spending LESS each month… sure with 2 year contract
Seth Wisely said: verizon marketing hubris is now a win win for Seth
- Get a small goldfish bowl
- fill the bottom with fine sand to a little over half an inch
- buy the following from a hardware store or other creative source
- copper sulphate, two ounces
- a few small pieces of zinc (size of postage stamp)
- a few small pieces of alum (aluminum?) enough to fill a tablespoon
- a teaspoon full of potassium bichromate crystals
- one can of water glass [sodium silicate solution]
- three or four inch length of aluminum wire cut into half inch pieces
- scatter the materials over the sand in the bowl in a “hit or miss” fashion
- mix one part of the water glass with three parts water
- pour the mixture slowly over the chemical-strewn sand
- the depth of liquid should not exceed four to six inches
- set the bowl aside in a place where it will not be shaken or jarred
“Soon you will see queer little colored growths appearing here and there which in the course of a few days will grow upward and assume various shapes. In a week or to you will have a chemical garden similar to the one pictured. You will have some mushrooms, fungi, grasses, beats, and oranges. Nearly all colors of the spectrum are represented. Most curious are the growths which extend downward into the sand along the sides of glass. If left undisturbed the chemical flower bed will grow for weeks. And then like living things the growths will slowly disintegrate.”
The alternative to buying the magic rocks kit (or other crystal growing kit) from a toy store. Magic rocks grow TOO quickly compared to the chemical flower bed.
1985 materials update for chemical flower bed
- glass jar
- tweezers or tiny spoon
- 300 mL water
- 150 mL sodium silicate
- Chromium chloride (green) solid
- Ferric chloride (orange) solid
- Aluminum potassium sulfate (white) solid
- Cobalt chloride (purple) solid
for more variations interweb search: Chemical Demonstrations, American Chemical Society
Seth Wisely said: if only stores were as accommodating now
Comments Off on chemical flower bed, popular mechanics 1927
REBADGED junk is doubly offensive, western digital!
“idiot proof” network browsing “feature” relies on workstation elected Master Browser be powered otherwise zero results in network browse [workgroup]. That leaves two HIGHLY entertaining options: power the master browser workstation, or manually force a master browser election. Oh, the joy!
The fix? return it for a refund.
Oh, you want a work around? Other than the two super awesome above? Yeah, sure.. merely install software you really don’t want: media server THAT plays well with rebaged junk.
Western Digital TV Live Plus HD is pointless pain. If you’re the idiot at which it was targeted you are likely blissfully pleased with it.
Until the firmware allows one to specify the UNC path for shares this gizmo is dead opposite convenient. shipping firmware 1.03.26_B (the B and functionality suggests beta) but as shipped firmware ‘by definition’ is no longer beta let’s call it beta_plus.
Western Digital TV Live Plus HD failures:
- cannot specify network share UNC path
- idiotic reliance on Master Browser
- NOT dlna certified
- GUI during video playback is poorly conceived, time consuming to navigate, and less than informative
- file deletion cannot be accomplished via the playback interface, but only the file management setup in options
- ‘less complicated’ remote is less than useful further requiring fighting more gui levels
- IR remote (vs RF of popcorn)
- I wasn’t thrilled with the popcorn either
- no in-video audio sync controls
- less than ideal passive cooling
- error messages? nope. failures fail silently.
- no read permissions on network share? video playback error is ‘filetype not supported’. sooo helpful
- fast forwarding fun!
- itty bitty numeric indication of fast forward speed
- because of its inanely small size it is difficult for many to identify that maximum fastness has been achieved .. because the IR remote is less than satisfactory about a third of the time the command never reaches the box [unobstructed 10 foot corridor]
- 16x is not fast enough. Re-transcoding to increase I-frames while not sensible is briefly tempting
- no obvious way to spoke a video to a specific time. Want to begin watching at 1:02:19 ? Too bad. Enjoy the fast forward “speed”
- before I return it I hope to confirm that it chokes on 1080p high bandwidth videos since in their brilliance it does not sport gigabit ethernet
- I’ve already been burned by Netflix bait-and-switch “all the movies you want”
- netflix motto is actually “all the movies WE want YOU TO RECEIVE”
- $9/mo netflix for nowhere near a reasonable number of movies I want
- I certainly don’t want any in shoddy transcode streams
- For $8/mo I can access the storage array that predates the interweb and gopher
- no conspiracy actual months of testing to confirm — especially entertaining is loading one movie return envelope with multiple movies and watching how ‘slowly’ each ‘arrives’ in the warehouse… variably hmmmm
- boot times? there are no moving parts. why does booting take so long??
- USB is a thought step in the right direction for the low end market. No esata? fail
- no forward thinking USB3? the cart must lead the donkey to UFD
- boxee box also fails to offer esata
- I haven’t bothered playing with the music features. I don’t want to be disappointed again.
- screen saver cannot be tied into image galleries (locally or online) 😦
- FTP client? nope, happy shiny dlna instead
- yes, rebadged. read the wd press release: ‘provides’ NOT ‘developed’
- on a side note: why do home NAS boxen not FULLY implement Sata?? DIY sata nas to achieve port multiplication (scsi daisy chain spill over) .. but no commercial embrace of port multiplier in home gear? fail!
It was not a plus that amazon fulfillment did not bother to pad the shipping box. Since boxes tumble all six faces must have padding.. duh?
western digital SSDs are ALSO rebadged. Will those suck, too?
Seth Wisely said: WD TV Live Plus HD is even more annoying than the Popcorn Hour C200 at one third the cost
Comments Off on Western Digital TV Live Plus HD is rebaged junk — if your time is worth nothing and you’ve never used XBMC you might be happy with it
^ yes, really
text in a table?? hello?
Even purdey finally gave in to manufacturing technology updates (thanks to one awesome guy).. dragged kicking and screaming into the future almost and not really. A small amoute of luddite repellent sunk into their website, too.
Seth Wisely said: it’s better to receive a purdey weapon as a gift 😉
Comments Off on holland and holland bespoke weapons extremely lowtech webpage
please, keep showing phoenix metachlorian tv commercials for home video fodder. It’s a new internets or haven’t you noticed? Remember, you are highly suggestible. Repeat that out loud 200 times.
Scientologification criminon plans to compete directly with (muslim) marxists for recruits in prisons. Scientology research papers pdf now use secret ink with invisible paper:
Only the scientology initiated can see the engineered thruthnessez.
St Paul teaches we must “work out [our] salvation in fear and trembling”
Scientology embraces the BAD math of reincarnation and SELLS “self” “betterment” thetons to its highly suggestible victims.
Seth Wisely says: a fool with money are good for the economy
Comments Off on scientology overlords THIRSTY for spoof videos
Wikipedia desires to subvert the ignorant minds of the lazy research world.
Truth is not subject to opinion!! Opinion is subject to Truth.
Consensus does not Effect truth. Phenomenology is not superior in kind to ontology.
/me prepares to slap sense into those who are trapped by subjective reality
Seth Wisely said: pain helps people escape the wet paperbag of error
Comments Off on wikipedia is evil: Truth is not subject to opinion!! Opinion is subject to Truth.